Having your new kitchen installed can be a very stressful and inconvenient process and not everyone has the budget to move into a hotel or guest house for the duration, fortunately it is only a temporary disruption of the household.
Therefore helpful tips to stay smiling during your kitchen renovation:
- Start counting maximum 4 weeks from the time you start clearing your old kitchen units to packing all your goods back into your new dream kitchen.
- This is the ideal time to clear out the unwanted items. Mark your boxes clearly & use bubble wrap to minimize breakages. Keep basic essential you will use out while your kitchen is being renovated. [Don’t pack it]
- Find a spot somewhere for a temporary kitchen where you can use a microwave, toaster, kettle and a hotplate and remember the dirty dishes…. Maybe invest in a washing stand [camping shops].
- Appliances like fridges, washing machines and dishwashers cannot be in the kitchen whilst renovation is in progress.
- If you are doing your own renovations please make sure your site is ready for Earlstone Kitchens to install your new kitchen units on the delivery date supplied by Earlstone Kitchens.– i.e. New floor tiles, any electrical or plumbing changes to be complete. Old kitchen carcasses to be removed out of the kitchen.
- Earlstone Kitchens will notify you when your new appliances must be on site. Appliance sizes like hobs, ovens, extractor, microwaves and fridges are of the utmost important so please don’t change it. Once given for manufacture it should not be changed due to the fact that this will result in time delays.
- Remember Earlstone kitchens units are manufactured at the factory, wrapped in plastic and delivered a day before installation to site. Please make space for the assembled carcasses to be stored overnight.
- It is always tempting to watch & chat to Earlstone Kitchens installers while they are doing their job, but please refrain from it. The installers have to deal with uneven floors and wall and they can’t always answer all your questions. Ie. How long do you think it will take? When will the doors go up etc?
- You will have a standing time when you think nothing is happening to your kitchen installation, while you are waiting for your work surfaces to be installed. Remember once your floor carcasses are installed, then only can the supplier measure for work surfaces. Once measured it can take up to +-7 working days for supplier to install the work surfaces. If you use your own supplier for work surfaces Earlstone Kitchen as a rule will fit the kitchen doors only after installation of work surfaces. However if it is our preferred supplier Earlstone kitchens will fit kitchen doors before installation of work surfaces.
- Once your work surfaces are installed then all your appliances, plumbing and sink can be connected. Electrical and wall tiles can now also be completed.
- Earlstone kitchens will give you to time to sign off your new dream kitchen. Even if you missed something after sign off, and once you move into your new beautiful dream kitchen and you find something not to your satisfaction Earlstone Kitchens will correct. At Earlstone Kitchens service is a privileged not earned and you are not just a number, you are part of our kitchen family forever.